• Enhance the image of MPRL E&P through the production of positive, coherent and consistent brochures, presentations and other publicity material for local communities, industry, and business groups or general public consumption, as appropriate.
• Coordinate and support the Head of Department to deliver the company’s CR report and external benchmarking activities such as GRI.
• Acting as the initial key point of contact for charitable giving activities, accessing applications and making recommendations to the Head of Department.
• Support the Engagement Officer to drive and implement the internal and external communications strategy across the sustainability program to inspire internal and external stakeholders.
• Contribute to MPRL E&P’s storytelling efforts, documenting the organization’s successes in written and multimedia forms and innovating new methods for presenting narratives.
• Take a leading role in producing Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials, oversee website development as well as Intranet Portal to effectively disseminate information to internal and external stakeholders.
• Produce formats and procedures for the company to respond effectively to the media. This includes but is not limited to media strategy, drafting press releases, responding to media enquiries and building dialogue with journalists.
• Gather quantitative and qualitative content from teams for dissemination across multiple media (print, website, Facebook, video, audio, still imagery).
• Facilitate work between teams and external vendors including branding, layout, web development, translation, and printing firms; and creative professionals such as photographers and videographers.
• Engage in external outreach and establish partnerships with other organizations to expand and leverage communications networks and to leverage best practices in communications across related fields.
• Advance key performance metrics for the Communications Team, including but not limited to expanding our media outreach, driving traffic to our website and social media and adapting our strategy to seize new opportunities.
Education / Experience
• Graduate degree preferably in Journalism, Public relations, mass communications, marketing or a related field
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in communications, journalism, branding, and marketing
• Prior experience organizing and coordinating events, ceremonies and public events
• Internal communications experience, particularly in the production of internal newsletter/ intranet management/ website management
• External communications experience particularly in engaging with media, releasing press releases etc.
• A passion for media and communications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with great attention to detail
• Mature and independent, able to think conceptually, provide constructive solutions and counsel, and lead operational delivery of key communications and corporate social responsibility
• Knowledge of local, regional and social media, with good relationship with key media outlets
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications
• High degree of motivation and willingness to learn
• Ability to work well in diverse teams but also productive working individually with minimum supervision
• Timely execution and completion of assigned tasks, ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to think creatively and identify a good story opportunity
• Physically active, intelligent and confident but humble enough to take advice and direction
Periodically, the employee may be expected to perform assigned duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.